Another step closer to feature-completeness: rework of natural resources and the way they are handled internally.
I labelled this as ‘#1’ since there are still many features in relation to natural resources that I want to include. But the basics and related heavy lifting are done.
- Resources are no longer displayed on the map (unless clearly visible, i.e. trees) but have their own ‘overlay’ to show subterranean resources (i.e. iron, crude oil)
- Three different resources available: wood, crude oil, iron ore
- Extractors for those resources: logging camp, oil rig, underground mine
- Forests grow and expand over time
- Sawmill to further process harvested wood, producing timber
- Factory that can be tooled to produce beds from timber
- General Store to sell beds to consumers
- Memory corruption when rendering glyphs over a certain size
Aside from the necessary polishing the remaining missing features are down to 4: marketing, contracts, auctions and licenses.
I am really looking forward to the point where I can start with an iterative development cycle that is mostly about refining and polishing.